SOURCE River West Program Assistant
Approximately 12-16 hours/week for Spring and Fall semesters, 20+ over the summer. This position will begin in March.
Summary of Position:
This position is primarily responsible for providing assistance with programming, newsletter and website support for SOURCE River West. Additional responsibilities include: maintaining online course calendars and attendee information, responding to client inquiries, Salesforce and other data entry, and other tasks/events, as well as administrative/clerical, and any other assistance to the SOURCE River West Operations Manager and Executive Director. The intern will gain a diverse array of experiences in programming, business marketing and nonprofit management skills.
The internship will also provide the student with networking and exposure to business startup developments, business leaders and entrepreneurs, diverse communities, and other community entities of influence, which could be helpful for future career opportunities and experience.
Must be currently enrolled as an IUPUI student. Undergraduate and Graduate students are welcome to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Working with staff and partners to plan entrepreneurship-focused programming by maintaining and updating available programs and managing enrollment using INlighten.
• Assisting with data entry into Salesforce, and other platforms, in addition to navigating IU Box to assist in accessible content and increased communication.
• Responding to inquiries and providing program enrollment assistance through phone, email, and in-person.
• Working with staff to develop content for monthly e-newsletters.
• Performing clerical office tasks including, but not limited to: emailing, answering the phone, checking voicemail, and other internal and external communications.
• Engaging in marketing, fostering partnerships, and attending meetings of interest to support the needs of SOURCE RW.
• Executing event management for special events including creating invitations, catering, reservations, recruiting volunteers, etc.
• Interpreting reports with statistical information that defines and describes the community and their needs.
• Working with the Communications team to develop and execute recruitment strategies for participants, funders, presenters, etc.
• Serving as a support during SOURCE courses, events, etc., which may include some evenings and weekends.
• Engaging in marketing, fostering partnerships, and attending meetings of interest to support the needs of the SOURCE Director.
• Occasional fundraising and stewardship activities may be required.
• Serving as a support during SOURCE courses, events, etc., which may include evenings and weekends.
• Duties and responsibilities, as deemed appropriate.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
• Communication and social skills.
• Technical computer skills including: email, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, databases, online platforms.
• Proficient writing, as appropriate for the needs of various audiences.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and with different sizes of groups.
• Adaptability, tolerance for others and the ability to learn new tasks.
• Background in business and/or nonprofit management preferred.
Hours and Salary: The Program Assistant will generally work on-site, at the SOURCE River West Entrepreneurship Center, 2230 W. Michigan Street, 12-16 hours/week in the Spring/Fall semesters, 20+ in the summer. Scheduling will be flexible between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. There may be occasional evenings and weekends. Salary will be $10-$12/hr, depending on skills and experience. The Intern will also be able to attend all of SOURCE’s offered workshops and series at no cost.
Interested students should send a resume and cover letter to:
Elizabeth Davis, Operations Manager for the SOURCE River West Entrepreneurship Center