small business assistance
Thanks to the generous support of the Nina Mason Pulliam Charitable Trust, SOURCE River West is able to offer small business grants to local entrepreneurs. These funds (ranging between $500 - $2,000) can be used to either start-up or scale-up small businesses, particularly those located on the Near West side of Indianapolis.
SOURCE River West seeks to fund start-up and scale-up ventures which include:
- Near West Indianapolis residents who want to launch a new business;
- Local entrepreneurs who appreciate the Near West's proximity to large city anchors and affordable entry into commercial, retail, and light industrial spaces;
- Small business owners in and around the Near West and the River West corridor of Indianapolis who desire to grow and improve their business operations.
As part of the eligibility to receive funding, an individual must have a history of engagement with SOURCE River West. Eligibility will be determined by completing a minimum of four instances of attendance at SOURCE River West within the previous six months in any combination of:
- One-on-one business coaching
- Workshop/Series attendance
- Participation in the Mentor Connect program
If you would like to apply for the Seed Fund, the first step is to fill out the pre-proposal form below. Forms will be reviewed on the 1st of each month and if found to be eligible, you will be invited to complete a full proposal form.
Recipients of Seed Funds are required to complete an online survey at 6 months and 1 year as part of the Seed Fund process. Grantees will also agree to participate in regularly scheduled coaching sessions, mentor meetings, and/or meetings with the Executive Director on designated dates until which time all funds have been exhausted by the grantee.